Residential Services : Mold, Asbestos, Radon, VOCs
Shawn Rankin, lead investigator, has extensive training and experience in indoor air quality testing. This expertise, coupled with his knowledge and experience building healthy homes,
has helped countless homeowners improve the indoor air quality of their homes and has garnered him a reputation within the industry as the “go-to” problem-solver when complex air quality issues
IAQ Ottawa conducts comprehensive residential investigations that take approximately 2 hours to complete and can include any of the following:
- investigate musty chemical and organic odors
- inspect for evidence of mold in the basement, attic and building assemblies
- test relative humidity of each room
- inspect for physical evidence of moisture penetration using digital moisture meters
- trace any water penetration (moisture mapping)
- check sump pump operations, level and drainage
- address both chemical and biological contaminants complete with lab analysis
- test for air borne particulates such as dust mites and animal dander
- sample for mold, asbestos, radon, lead particles and combustion spillage
- test for off-gassing, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) or formaldahyde
- determine effectiveness of existing ventilation systems and make recommendations for improvements or upgrades
- address Combustible Appliance Back Drafting
- check for carbon monoxide spillage from combustion appliances
- recommend solutions for chemical use storage e.g. solvents, paints, cleaners, soaps etc.
- provide mold and asbestos clearance testing
An important component of IAQ Ottawa’s service is education.
During every building inspection we strongly encourage the homeowner to accompany
the investigator to ensure
that all questions
and concerns are addressed.
We perform the following types of environmental testing:
Air-o-cell, Swab, Cello, Bulk, Bio-aerosol, Formaldahyde, VOC, Mercury, Lead, Asbestos, Radon, and particle testing.
If samples are required and taken, you will be informed of the results as soon as they are received from the laboratory.
The cost for a written report starts at $100.00 + tax. Please inform the inspector onsite if you would like a written report to provide a quote and to document the inspection with photos.